Popular Posts

Monday 15 August 2011

Jerusalem Light Rail - Could there be a further delay?

Following the announcement by CityPass that the Jerusalem Light Rail will begin this Friday, it is possible that the start of passenger services could be further delayed.


This follows yesterday's session by the Knesset Economics Committee which delayed the implementation of a law that regulates light rail systems.  It was expected that this law would have to be implemented before the light rail could start taking passengers.  This delay was at the request of the Transportation Ministry to allow for a further month of testing to the ticketing mechanism. 

In addition the light rail is still missing a major safety permit called the Independent Safety Assessment, which is awarded by an international body. The train cannot carry passengers without the permit.

However, CityPass have denied that the delayed law would have any affect on operations.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete